net:25 | net:future
Programme Tuesday, 2 June 2015
Main Ceremonial Chamber of the University of Vienna
Universitätsring 1, 1010 Vienna
12:00 | Registration
13:00 | Opening and Welcome
Karl Schwaha, Vice Rector of the University of Vienna
13:15 | Keynote 1: Unreal objects and net futures
Speaker: Kate O'Riordan, Reader in Media, University of Sussex
13:45 | Panel 1: Critical Engineering or critical thinking?
Moderation: Brigitte Krenn, Language and Interaction Technologies, Austrian Research Institute for Artificial Intelligence
- <b>Kate O'Riordan</b>, Reader in Media, University of Sussex
- <b>Joanna J. Bryson</b>, Reader in the Department of Computer Science at the University of Bath
- <b>Julian Oliver</b>, Artist and Critical Engineer
- <b>Lars Persen</b>, Teacher, school and pedagogical leader at Norwegian Scandec Systemer
14:55 Brief presentation of the funding programme "netidee"
15:00 | Coffee Break
15:30 | Panel 2: Hyperconnected Tools and the call for a digital policy
Moderation: Mirjam Kühne, RIPE Labs, RIPE NCC
- <b>Jessica Barker</b>, Cyber Security Consultant
- <b>Phil Zimmermann</b>, Creator of Pretty Good Privacy
- <b>Louis Pouzin</b>, Creator of Datagrams, Open Root, Internet-Activist
- <b>Felix Stalder</b>, Professor of Digital Culture and Network Theories at the Zurich University of the Arts
16:45 | Coffee Break
17:15 | Panel 3: Dreaming big. Data versus Humans?
Moderation: Peter Purgathofer, Professor at the Faculty for Computer Science, TU Wien
- <b>Bruce Sterling</b>, Science Fiction Author
- <b>Rafael Capurro</b>, Institute for Digital Ethics, Stuttgart Media University
- <b>Danese Cooper</b>, Open Source Software, Paypal
18:30 | Keynote 2: Line, Backbone, Net, Web, Cloud, Ubiquity -- And What Comes After That?
Speaker: Bruce Sterling, Science Fiction Author
19:00 | Brief presentation streaming project state opera Vienna and "The Salome Experience"
Speaker: Christopher Widauer, Wiener Staatsoper and Peter Reichl, Faculty for Computer Science at the University of Vienna
20:00 | Live Streaming of the Opera "Salome" with Buffet
In cooperation with the streaming team of the Wiener Staatsoper, the research groups COSY (University of Vienna) and IGW (TU Wien)